Thursday, September 29, 2011

I'm in one of those do nothing slumps: when there is so much I need to get done that I do nothing.  Anyone know what that is?  I play too much "scrabble" and "words with friends" while I sit and look at the heap on my computer desk.

My laptop is running like a sloth and is in the floor of my office waiting to "target mode" it to do a disk check and repair.
I want to take all the photos off and have an external drive for my iphoto library.


I have yet to upgrade to Snow Leopard and now even that is a step behind.
I have a ton of household paperwork to get caught up on.
I have a ton of Dominic paperwork, too.
I have a couple house keeping chores that need doing, a tin kick plate to attach to the screen door to keep the cats in and to keep the door square, too.
Dominic's bathroom is getting a remod to give him a roll in shower and make it semi wheelchair accessible.  Not totally ADA but a lot closer than it is now.  I'm glad the state is doing that and not me.  I have had a plan to do it for a while, but now he really needs it and the state agrees, so I get to watch it get done!  One thing off my long term goal list!
I have been trying to get at least one thing done each day to keep some sense of momentum going.
Tomorrow is labs for me and time sheets so I can get paid for 150 hours/month of the 24/7 care Dominic requires.  Glad for that pay, though, because I could never work a regular job around his schedule.

Saturday is Home Depot Day.  Dom goes and does a project in the kids clinic.  He gets to hammer a hammer while we keep our fingers clear of the strike zone.
October will be another busy month for me.  Dom has two appointments and my mom has one.


Dom has another trip to Phoenix to adjust his VNS.  His seizures have diminished quite a bit.  Not sure if this next adjustment will bring the device up to full amperage or not.  The computer controls how much it can be turned up each time.

The next week we fly out to Memphis for his long-term survivor study appointments at St Jude.  We fly out on a Thursday and Friday we begin with  early morning labs and run run til the last appointment at 4:30pm.  Then fly home Saturday. The manager at our local Chili's restaurant wants us to come in next September and talk to the staff before their annual fundraising for St. Jude and give them our story so they have a better motivation.  Taking the big story of all that St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital does and making it local and personal.  I will take photos and video and make a disc for them to see what Dom does on his trips.
Then, just to keep things busy, in between these two trips we have Dominic's 28th birthday and Emily's 14th.
Guess I should head off to bed so I can get a full day's head start on October.

No comments: