Monday, March 19, 2012

Great week

It's been a great week so far.  I've slept in every morning except Friday, when I needed to be up to go into Chicago.  We had a wonerful day walking downtown, shopping a little, geo-caching a little and eating, um, more than a little.

Here are some of the things we saw.







Gracey, Vickie and I had a great time together.





I've walked at least a little every day except yesterday.  Two good signs of rest and renewal.   Yesterday was an odd day.  I got to see my daughter in two roles: a wonderful mature woman of God filling the pulpit while her pastor enjoyed some much needed and deserved time off

and then as a youth leader and RN while coming to the aid of a distressed teen.  We spent the entire afternoon in an ER waiting room until she could see this young girl off to the help she needed.  She is compassionate and professional.  I stand in awe.
At the end of this ling day, we got to enjoy some great sushi and family time at Golden Rolls Sushi Bar in Woodstock.
Today is a down day to do laundry, shop for tomorrows "dinner par-tey" and later,  more visiting with friends.
I could get used to this unencumbered lifestyle.


P.S.
My brother just decided there will be no spring in Woodstock.  Today there was a big fat bumble bee in the yard and a dandelion in full bloom!!

No comments: